Saturday, October 11, 2008

MRI

We saw Dr. Smith (a very nice doctor) at Primary Children's Hospital. He wants Isabel to have an MRI of her entire spine. He thinks she may have a Chiari malformation. It is as scary as it sounds. If she does in deed have this Chiari malformation. She will have to see a neurosurgeon and the likelyhood of her having surgery is high. If she does not have the malformation we will be looking at a brace (that will be worn 16-17 hours a day). She still has a lot of growing to do since she is only 6 and that means the curve in her spine can get worse as she grows. This doctor told us the curve is actually 37%. It was a good thing Ben and Isabel were in the doctor's office when we got this news. Because I was holding back the tears. I didn't wasnt Isabel to see me cry. The thought of my daughter having to have brain surgery is a little overwhelming. Ben told me not to get worried until after we get the MRI results and know exactly what we are dealing with. And this is what I am TRYING to do. I am hoping to get the MRI and the results within the next week.

3 comments:

thetaylors said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pays said...

We hope everything goes well and the news is good. We will keep you in our thoughts. It is never fun to have any kind of health trouble with your kids- Good luck.

Andersen Family said...

I came across your blog and wanted to say hi. Your kids are BEAUTIFUL. Sorry that you are going through a rough time. Hope things turn out better. Wanna laugh? My dad is SOOO embarassed that one of my old high school friends saw his "parts" when you did a test before his surgery. He never gets embarassed- LOL. Take care. I added you tyo my blog so I can say hi. - Jaime (Barker) Andersen