Friday, January 16, 2009

Freaky

Do your kids ever say things that completely freak you out? Well one night Ben was gone and it was just me and the girls home. Isabel was in time out in her bedroom with the door shut, I was in Sophie's room feeding her a bottle and Kya was in the toy room (in the basement next to her and Isabel's room) playing. Kya came upstairs crying uncontrollably. This was our conversation:

Me: Kya, what is wrong?

Kya: That boy downstairs bit my finger.

Me: WHAT????

Kya: That mean boy downstairs bit my finger.

Okay at this point I am freaking out. I am a scaredy cat. After watching the movie THE STRANGERS, I slept with the lights on for a month. Honestly, you can ask Ben. I am a freak.

Me: Kya what are you talking about? Did Isabel hurt you?

Kya: No mom it was that mean boy.

Me: Okay show me where the mean boy is.

At this point I am trying to remember how to defend myself in case there is a scary little boy in the basement who likes to bite fingers. If you believe it, I was once a black belt in karate. But that seems like a lifetime ago. I figured I could at least incapacitate an attacker long enough to get me and the girls out of the house.

We went to the basement and Kya is cowarding behind me. I look around the toy room and the only thing frightening in the room is the huge mess the girls made. When I asked Kya to show me where the boy was she walked over to the toy box and pointed to SHREK!!! Yes Shrek was the mean boy. It is a stuffed animal that is taller than Kya. She was terrified.

For now Shrek is put up. But Isabel will find him from time to time just to scare the pants off of Kya. And it does. Every time she sees him she lets out a horrified scream and starts crying. It is so sad.

4 comments:

This is Us! said...

You know Heather I do have a Shrek costume that comes with a great mask. If you ever need to borrow it for some disciplining?!? HAHA That is a great story.

Tiffany said...

Good thinking Bree!!!!!

The Halls said...

That would be so creepy, and then I don't think I could help but laugh when it was just a toy.

Laura said...

I would be freaking out too!! This cracked me up.